Monday, February 7, 2011

The Woman Behind 'Live Action'-- At Least She's Active


Lila Rose is the 22-year-old woman who founded Live Action, the anti-abortion organization that released the "sting" videos of Planned Parenthood.

Although I am a staunch defender of Planned Parenthood and their work providing health services for women who may not otherwise be able to afford care, I have developed a slight fascination with Ms. Rose.

According to the Live Action website, Rose founded Live Action when she was fifteen and a student pro-life magazine called The Advocate when she was a freshman at UCLA.

Both Live Action and The Advocate have since gone national and Rose has received several awards from pro-life organizations for her work.

I'm not switching teams here, but I have to say that seeing a 22-year-old woman devoting her life to political activism is refreshing.

I am often surprised by the disenchanment and political unawareness of people from my generation.

As strongly as I feel about some political issues, I can't actually imagine devoting my life to something that I ultimately have very little control over.

Once my anger over the PP attack subsided, I realized that Lila Rose and the media attention the Live Action videos received are proof that one person actually can make a difference.

Hopefully, we Plastic Fems can use our power for good, not evil. (I kid)

No comments:

Post a Comment